How to Increase Your Productivity

In the current climate it would be easy to be overwhelmed by 'things to do' when working from home, especially with other family members demanding attention.


Panel Member Volker Ballueder shares his top 5 tips for getting stuff done, finding balance and staying focused...


  1. Turn off your notifications for emails, social media, Asana, Slack, Teams or anything else that might distract you. Take charge of when you check your emails and social media, and don’t get distracted by notifications, or little numbers telling you how many unread items you have!

  2. Only ever schedule 70% of your day and leave the remaining 30% for unexpected things. If you cannot fill your time, go ahead and open up your task management app, and find something to do. But I bet this is hardly ever going to happen!

  3. Be non-negotiable when it comes to time management. If you are working from home, don’t forgo your lunch break, or doing the school run. Carve out time for yourself and your family and say no to meetings that clash. Everyone will understand, and if they don’t, they aren’t worth speaking with anyway.

  4. Have a system where you can collect notes. Whether that is Evernote, a physical notebook, OneNote, Quip or anything else - make sure you have an archive of all notes, articles, and things you want to keep and look at. There are cool things you can do with it to organise them and make sure they are searchable for future reference.

  5. Start taking actions TODAY - don’t dwell on the past or worry too much about the future. The time is now, go and get things done!


These tips are part of my new productivity coaching course launching soon. 


In the meantime, feel free to reach out with any questions or comments, and we can discuss productivity and how to get things done with less stress.







Blog

Well+Life+Tribe logo
Learn to live well
Free wellness guides when you sign up to our monthly newsletter!
How can we help?
E: info@welllifetribe.com
Connect:
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

© 2020  WELL+LIFE+TRIBE