We can all agree that 'spag bol' is an all round favourite and we absolutely love Kat's vegan version of this dish. It’s packed full of wholesome, healthy ingredients - a meat free recipe that the whole family will love!
The kids didn't even ask if it had meat or not! Win!
1 carton of green lentils
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 red pepper diced
1 packet of organic white mushrooms diced
1 white onion diced
2 celery stick diced
1 carrot diced
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 tin of plum tomatoes
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of basil
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Himalayan salt and pepper to season
1. Place a pan on medium heat and add the coconut oil.
2. Once melted add the onion, carrot, garlic and a pinch of salt.
3. Caramelise for about 4 minutes then add the rest of the vegetables and pan-fry them for a further 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Add the lentils followed by the puree and then stir, spreading evenly.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes and break them up with a wooden spoon whilst stirring.
6. Stir in the oregano and basil then add a little water, and then cook on low to medium for another 25 minutes. Pop back and stir every few minutes adding more water if necessary.
Serve this dish with brown rice pasta and a green salad. Season to your liking.
Enjoy this family winner!