Emma Eaton is the founder of Cobham Acupuncture and Reflexology Clinic based in Surrey. Here, she highlights 5 great reasons you should try acupuncture:-
1. Acupuncture can be used to help with anything you might go and see your GP about
Acupuncture can treat a wide range of health challenges including back pain, general aches and pains, infertility, fatigue, shoulder pain, insomnia, anxiety, hot flushes, foot pain and digestive problems.
2. Acupuncture is natural, holistic and works with the body
Acupuncture is designed to affect your whole body. Aiming to treat both your immediate health problems and, often, more importantly, the underlying root cause.
3. There is a growing body of evidence-based clinical research to support acupuncture’s effectiveness
We see on a day to day basis in clinic how we can change lives for the better but there is also a whole body of research to support that acupuncture works.
4. There is nothing to be afraid of - lots of patients who come regularly and benefit from treatment are needle phobic
At the first treatment, most patients soon realise that the hair-thin sterile disposable needles we use are specifically designed to be as painless as possible. Most patients are not even aware of where or when the needles have been inserted.
5. Acupuncture has amazing side effects
The aim of acupuncture is to prompt the body to do what it knows how to do. Whilst patients may come for a specific reason such as neck pain, they soon experience other additional positive side effects. For example, they find that their sleep and digestion are improved as well.
For more information or to chat with Emma further about how acupuncture could help you, call her on 07821 590287 or visit www.cobhamacupuncture.co.uk. Alternatively, use the “Find an Acupuncturist” search facility on the British Acupuncture Council website www.acupuncture.org.uk to find an acupuncturist near you.